April 1, 2016

The New Normal

It's been quite a while since I've sat down and wrote anything, and oh how I've missed it. I'm sitting here at our round wood dining room table, while my husband and daughter are watching a movie across the room. The sun is slowly setting, and I can hear the heifers outside in the pasture through the open kitchen window. If you would've told me that I'd be living in the middle of nowhere on a ranch, I would've laughed. I like the city, I like Starbucks, and I love Target. Don't get me wrong I love cows, horses and seeing the stars in the sky, but I like to do those things 10 minutes from town...not hours. We recently settled down on a ranch in the middle of nowhere, and after moving twice between last December and now, it's so nice to have a home. A place where we can be us, and put our roots down. For awhile we weren't sure where we wanted to be. My husband was blessed with an amazing job that he loves and he's living his dream every day. I'm learning how to be the good rancher's wife; you know, cooking filling meals, learning to handle the manure and mud covered laundry and giving up on keeping my mud room floor clean. I'm blessed in the sense that my husband has a ton of patience with me, and keeps loving me even when I fail..and mess up. We're slowly getting settled in our new home, but there's lots to be done. Painting, fixing up the front porch and I really wanna plant a vegetable garden soon. Ranch life is never boring and it's been fun learning the ropes of how things are done. There isn't many people out here so I'll probably start rambling more than I should but hopefully you won't give up on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment